Re: [exim] bounce non existent users but localdomains

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] bounce non existent users but localdomains

You should make sure that all domains have postmaster@

> exim4 says: "lowest numbered MX record points to local host".

this means you have a config error, where DNS is pointing to the local
machine but there is no router to handle it except dnslookup.

> But how do I let mails bounce to reciepients whose domain _is_ in
> localdomains but where no local_part matches?

They will naturally do this if you have "verify = recipient" set in your
RCPT ACL, and your routers fail routing to addresses that don't exist.

Without seeing your config it's hard to say but at a guess you may have
something like this:

..

some_router:
driver = something
domains = +some_domains
local_parts = foo

..

in that case, you *may* (this may or may not be a good/clean solution
depending on your circumstances) need another router immediately below
that to catch all the addresses that weren't routed, something like:

some_router_fail:
driver = redirect
domains = +some_domains
data = :fail:Unknown user $local_part@$domain
allow_fail

If you post your config it will be easier to tell.

Tim