Re: [exim] Exim 4.60 & SpamAssassin 3.1.0 Problems

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: bawalker
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim 4.60 & SpamAssassin 3.1.0 Problems

On 11 Jan 2006, at 15:18, Bradley Walker wrote:

> domainlist local_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains
> domainlist relay_domains = lsearch;/etc/virtual/domains : localhost

mmm, relay_domains is local_domains + localhost? Do you *relay* for
localhost??
Honestly, I do not see the reason for this relay_domains at all (and
related acls), in particular since your dnslookup router reads:

> lookuphost:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = ! +local_domains

what happens when someone submits an email for user@localhost then?

For the rcpt acl:

> accept senders = +whitelist_senders

isn't this an narrow-open relay? (it relays anything from whitelisted
senders)
You need a

domains = +local_domains

>   deny message = Email blocked by SPAMHAUS - to unblock see
> http://www.modemnet.net/spam/
>        # only for domains that do want to be tested against RBLs
>        domains = +use_rbl_domains
>        dnslists = sbl.spamhaus.org

I think that for many of these lists you are required to return their
error messages, which is in the TXT DNS record.

>   deny message = Email blocked by SPAMCOP - to unblock see
> http://www.modemnet.net/spam/
>        hosts = !+relay_hosts
>        domains = +use_rbl_domains
>        !authenticated = *
>        dnslists = bl.spamcop.net

authenticated connections should have been accepted long ago (and
instead you accept them down the acl).

These were just some comments, it does not mean that the rest is fine.