Re: [exim] Irritating blank messages

Autor: Sam Michaels
A: Jethro R Binks
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Irritating blank messages
On 1/9/06, Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks@???> wrote:

> Recognising that Date: and From: are required by RFC2822, I can't see that
> the above would be an 'unsafe' test .. can anyone else see any potential
> difficulties?

That was part of my spam checks but had to disable it because Microsoft
Outlook is not RFC compliant in that respect. I haven't actually checked to
see where it's failing, but one of these directives--although correct RFC
wise--will bounce legit mails from Outlook:

deny
    message     = Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard
    log_message = message headers fail syntax check
    !verify     = header_syntax

deny
    message     = Your message does not conform to RFC2822 standard
    log_message = missing message headers
    !hosts      = +relay_from_hosts
    !senders    = :
    condition   = ${if or {{!def:h_Message-ID:}{!def:h_Date:}}
{true}{false}}

Never bounces email from any other client...only MS Outlook.

Sam