[exim] Exim thinks Spam is a bounce and is delivering the me…

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christian Mahne
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Uudet otsikot: SPAM from nabble.com [was: Re: ***BLACKLIST*** [exim] Exim thinks Spam is a bounce and is delivering the message not filtering]
Aihe: [exim] Exim thinks Spam is a bounce and is delivering the message not filtering

Hi,

I'd started getting a lot more spam delivered a couple of weeks ago and couldn't work out why. Spam Assassin had been correctly identifying the messages and flagging them by changing subject lines etc. But Exim was failing to filter these messages out and they were still getting delivered.

Closer investigation has revealed that Exim is passing these messages because it considers them to be bounces, so the X-Spam status header filters etc. are being ignored.

Is there any configuration change that can be done to Exim to insist that all incoming messages, be they bounce or otherwise, are passed through exim's filters? According to the logs this "spam as bounce" is now about 10% of the incoming spam. The other 90% being successfully filtered out.

It would be very handy not to have my pop3 going off endlessly in the middle of the night for the sake of yet another spam email that had got through.

Many thanks,

Christian Mahne
Sent from the Exim Users forum at Nabble.com.