Re: [exim] General LDAP questions

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Christian Schmidt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] General LDAP questions
Hello Tony,

Tony Finch, 06.01.2006 (d.m.y):

> On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Christian Schmidt wrote:
>
> > I know that exim can use an LDAP "backend", too. What I do not know
> > is: Given that I configure the mail servers "base system" in a way
> > that it authenticates against the LDAP server, how must I configure
> > exim in this case?
> > Does exim "automatically" get the information on (e.g) local users via
> > "system calls" that return data from LDAP queries done by the
> > underlying mechanisms?
>
> If you have got nss working with LDAP correctly, then the standard Exim
> "check_local_user" precondition should use LDAP as expected, so the
> default Exim configuration should work reasonably well.

OK, that sounds good.

> > Or do I have to configure exim in a way that exim itself queries the
> > LDAO directory?
>
> You can also do this, and it may be necessary if the standard
> configuration doesn't quite do what you want.

I'll give it a try.
It would ease the administration a little bit, because otherwise I'd
have to administer three different user databases: One for each
server's system and a third one for samba...

Thank you!

Regards,
Christian

--
Man predigt Menschenlehre, wenn man sagt: Sobald das Geld im Kasten
klingt, entflieht die Seele [dem Fegefeuer].