Re: [exim] Return reciept on forward

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users, Alan J. Flavell
CC:
Betreff: Re: [exim] Return reciept on forward

--On 28 December 2005 23:02:02 +0000 Tony Finch <dot@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>>
>> Now, you'd be entitled to say they ought to have used role addresses,
>> which could be switched to the people who are currently performing
>> these duties. But we have not pursued that policy aggressively, and
>> many of my users know that I am the (normal) person to carry out the
>> actions, so they address me personally.
>
> Even if you provide role addresses people will disregard them and address
> email personally when they should not.

We *have* pursued the policy aggressively. Our prospectuses now contain
ONLY role based addresses, for example. People do disregard role based
addresses to a large extent, but this does avoid the problem that printed
material is distributed with addresses that are already incorrect. So, the
policy is helpful, but not a complete solution.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team