Re: [exim] MIME errors and MIME ACL

Autor: exim-users
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] MIME errors and MIME ACL
Mark Edwards schrieb:

> I have implemented the new acl_smtp_mime checks recommended on this
> list recently, as a replacement for the deprecated demime condition. I
> took my configuration from:
>
> http://www.wlug.org.nz/EximMailFilter
>
> I'm having trouble with the line length check, which I have as follows:
>
>   deny
>         regex       = ^.{131071}
>         message     = MIME error: Line length in message or single
> header exceeds 131071.
>         log_message = DENY: MIME Error (Maximum line length exceeded)

> That yields the following non-catastrophic error for any email with
> mime parts:
>
> 2006-01-03 13:31:05 1EttkG-000OZe-LD regex acl condition warning -
> error in regex '^.{131071}': number too big in {} quantifier at offset
> 9, skipped.
>

> Can someone tell me what the proper way to do this is? I'm using exim
> 4.6 on FreeBSD, from ports.

That's easy, just choose a smaller number :) IMHO, the number in the
example is ridiculuously too big. I read it as not wanting to limit line
lengths - but then you could just remove the acl stanza. RFC 2822 limits
line lengths to 1000 chars. Some HTML mail violate this limit. Choose
whatever limit you want to tolerate.

HTH,
Patrick Eisenacher