Re: [exim] exim bug(?)

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Vladimir Sharun
CC: Exim users list, Giuliano Gavazzi
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim bug(?)
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Vladimir Sharun wrote:

> Ahha, looks like Philip want for this:
> Dec 30 01:13:52 dun exim[65422]: 1Es6rr-000H1A-Fo == *****@ukr.net <***@*******>
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
> host mxs.ukr.net [212.42.65.66]: 421 too many messages in this connection

That is a "defer" line, meaning Exim will try again later.

> greppin' exim logfile on qID 1Es6rr-000H1A-Fo gaves full users list. Processing lines
> was started from =>, then lot of ->'s, then lot of =='s, then '=>' and again lot of ->'s
> and in circle.

Please shows us *all* the *exact* log lines that match 1Es6rr-000H1A-Fo,
preferably not obfuscated (you can obfuscate the local parts if you
must, but try to keep them distinguishable so we can see which is which)
and then we can tell you exactly what happened to the message from the
sending end. The first such line should be a <= line and the last one
should be "Completed".

If you read the relevant chapter on log lines in the manual, it will
tell you that => and -> lines are deliveries for those recipients,
whereas == is a defer that means Exim will try later.