Re: [exim] exim called in perl scripts

Autor: p cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim called in perl scripts
thanks.
adding -bm & -i -t -odq and combinations still gives the same error message

I want to run this perl script ( FWIW scans logfiles just before they are
rotated ) from a bash script called from logrotate , running as root .

ive looked a swatch, logcheck, logwatch etc etc which dont do what I want.

If I persist in using exim do I have to su to a user, run the perl and then
su back again , or is it technically possible to pipe the stuff to exim from
the script run as root ?

Extensive googling seemed to say its security feature to stop exim being run
as root .I s this true ?
FWIW deliver_drop_privilege =true doesnt fix it, but Im not sure its aplicabel
to this situation.

--
p cooper