Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite

Author: Philip Hazel
To: John Jetmore
CC: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Preliminary testing of a new Exim test suite
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, John Jetmore wrote:

> ipliteral/5300 domain literals (IPv4)
> ===============
> >From line 12 of "test-stdout-munged" and line 12 of "stdout/5300" the
> files are
> different.
> ----------
> 501 <x@[ipv4:1.2.3.4]>: malformed domain literal
> 221 myhost.test.ex closing connection
> ----------
> 250 Accepted
> 221 myhost.test.ex closing connection
> ===============

I haven't figured that one out. Maybe the Exim snapshot wasn't
up-to-date, or something. Anyway, I've done things about your other
comments, and added another pile of scripts. There are now only 57 to go
and I see light at the end of this particular tunnel. However, there
will be a bit of a pause now as I'm planning on doing some PCRE work in
the New Year. If I can get the test suite "done" by Easter I'll be
happy. The latest stuff is, as always, in

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-testsuite-0.00.tar.bz2

And the latest Exim snapshot is also in its usual place:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/Testing/exim-snapshot.tar.gz.sig

Philip