Re: [exim] Exchange move

Autor: Jason Meers
A: j2
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exchange move
j2 wrote:
>>J2 if you feel I am misinformed then please read the Exim/Exchange paper
>>I wrote at:
>>
>>http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-conference/full-papers/jason-meers.pdf
>>
>>And we'll both amend it and create a new up-to-date version which can
>>then go on the wiki.
>

> It's truly a great paper, which I have read and enjoyed doing so, and I did
> not make the connection between you and the paper until now. Sorry.
>
> The topic of the paper does not really seem to be geared towards
> recovery/backup routines, but if you think I can contribute, just ask.

1) The paper does not specifically cover the SMTP settings in Exchange 2003

2) The paper does not provide any solution to the fact that exchange is
useless at recipient verification and just accepts everything then
bounces later. I saw an article on the list only a few days ago about
using Active Directory loookups in a router to do this.

3) Anything else it didn't cover in your scenario.

Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

P.S. I think you should write the backup/restore paper anyway, lots of
people need it.
(but please re-consider the possibility that an email containing random
chars or no chars in place of the original message can still pass
consistency checks, backup tests and de-fragmentation. As far as I know
nothing actually "reads" the content of messages to see if a human can
understand them)