Re: [exim] Exchange move

Autor: De Leeuw Guy
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exchange move
Hello,

I don't know exchange, but our users use, in the past MSOutlook.
2 years ago, I make a big migration of our server and I change our mail
server by exim and change pop3 server by courier-imap.
Big surprise !!! the support of imap by outlook is buggy, after the
migration, I cannot read a lot of mails because Outlook store
attachements from emails in a imap store with a winmail.dat extension.
The date management of the mail strored into the imap db it's also
bugged in outlook, ect...
The migration of the mails db take more than 4 months ..... (after I
have more white hair)
Now I replace Outlook by thunderbird all of this problems disapear.
On a linux box, I switch between evolution, kmail, webmail, thunderbird,
netscape, mozilla without problems.

Tips : Use a software tha respect the standard !!!!!!!!

Guy