Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message…

Autor: David Saez Padros
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message bodies
Hi !!

>>Here we have a 'personal data protection' law that forbides anybody to
>>transmit to third parties any email address (which is here considered as
>>personal data) without prior permission from the owner of the email
>>address. This is even worse if that personal data is transmitted to
>>countries without the same level of data protection as our country
>>(which is any non european country). I think this is also part of
>>an european directive.
>
> If anyone posts an address to the list, they are implicitly giving
> permission for it to be made public, because this is a public list.
> This is sufficient to satisfy the requirements for data protection
> law, at least in England.

This is true only if the address is yours, not if the address belongs
to anybody else (i.e., one of your users). Here in spain this also
aplies to ip addresses.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53