Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message…

Autor: Florian Weimer
A: David Saez Padros
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message bodies
* David Saez Padros:

> Here we have a 'personal data protection' law that forbides anybody to
> transmit to third parties any email address (which is here considered as
> personal data) without prior permission from the owner of the email
> address.

Sure, that's why you have to sanitize log files before posting them.

The obfuscation performed by the mailing list archive is not
sufficient to increase privacy (the local part is left in place, and
the domain can be inferred from logged MX hosts in many cases), and
what's worse, sending personally identifiable information to a few
hundred persons does hardly conform to any privacy regulations. 8-P