Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message…

Autor: kmb
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] web archive obfuscating mail addresses in message bodies

Marc Haber Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently found out that the web archive of this list obfuscates mail
> addresses found in mail bodies. look for "nobody" in
> http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20051212/msg00196.html
> for an example.
>
> I'd like to vouch for that "feature" to be disabled asap.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

Mark,

I'd say that exposing email addresses is a bad idea in general, but
I understand where you are coming from. The Archive at
www.exim-uses.org does not expose any email address in the headers of
the messages that it has archived but makes no attempt to obfuscate
any of the hosts or email address in the body of messages that are sent
to the list. One thing I've been looking at doing but have not gotten
arount to it is to isolate the "signature" section of emails as many
people ( including Phill ) list their email address in the section...

you can find the message that you referenced above
http://www.exim-users.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51337

Regared,

Kevin

--