Re: [exim] TLS / Entropy

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] TLS / Entropy
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:37:54PM +0100, Sander Smeenk said:
> How does the rest of the world create all the entropy on their servers?
> Are others also seeing this delay in TLS deliveries or is it a necessary
> evil which comes with the use of TLS?

I have noticed that in general 2.6 linux kernels are generating far less
entropy than their 2.4 equivalents used to. I have had to move some
machines back to 2.4 as a result of this, in fact. I have submitted a
bug in the Debian BTS about this, but I'm not sure it's ever going to be
addressed.

You can always stand around and wiggle the mouse whenever mail gets
sluggish :)

Good luck,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Answer a fool according to his folly,   |
|  steve@???             | lest he be wise in his own conceit.   - |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | - Proverbs, 26:5                        |