Re: [exim] exim.org filter spec error -- not found

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim.org filter spec error -- not found

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 14:54 +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Philip Hazel wrote:
> >
> > probably nothing. It says charset=UTF-8 in the document meta, so, IIRW,
> > that should override whatever the web server says it is.
>
> Not according to the W3C -
> http://www.w3.org/International/questions/qa-htaccess-charset

darn! I admit that I was thinking logically rather than remembering... (I
do not really see how that specification is justified). It appears that
apache is either set not to or is not capable of reading the meta:

"The http-equiv attribute can be used in place of the name attribute and
has a special significance when documents are retrieved via the Hypertext
Transfer Protocol (HTTP). HTTP servers may use the property name specified
by the http-equiv attribute to create an [RFC822]-style header in the HTTP
response. Please see the HTTP specification ([RFC2616]) for details on
valid HTTP headers."

Of course this is optional.

Giuliano