Re: [exim] malware and defer_ok

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] malware and defer_ok
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Bill Hacker wrote:

> From: Bill Hacker <wbh@???>
> To: exim <exim-users@???>
> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 19:06:10 +0800
> Subject: Re: [exim] malware and defer_ok
>
> Riemer Palstra wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:46:53AM +0200, oxo@??? wrote:
> >
> > > 1) Does anyone know of monitoring software for FreeBSD/Linux that
> > > will restart the daemon if it dies.
> >

> > Install DaemonTools and put the daemon under supervise.
>
> Bernstein's Revenge? Better to take thermite to the box.

By all means keep away from qmail, but in my experience a *lot* of
his other sofware does exactly what it sez on the tin. I've had no
problems running clamd -- and a lot of other software -- under the
control of daemontools. All you need is a simple run file of the
form:

#!/bin/sh

clamd=/usr/local/sbin/clamd

exec $clamd

and make sure you set:

# Don't fork into background.
# Default: disabled
#Foreground
Foreground

in /etc/clamd.conf
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101