Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell

Autor: Adam Funk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Please help with getting out of RBL hell
On Monday 05 December 2005 23:23, Bill Hacker wrote:

> An experienced mailadmin knows that blocking on behaviour and content
> is easier, more effective, and
> more universally applicable than worrying about what IP-block the
> sender is coming from, so we rarely need to bother.
>
> Clueless RBL's (SORBS, RFC-Ignorant, SpamCop) have little credence
> here. Professionally run ones do.

> permit and you are in the mood. Run it either cooperatively and
> correctly, and most folks will wish that you may live long and prosper.

It's nice of you to say and practise that, but so many people -- including
*.ac.uk -- are using broad dynamic IP blacklists (with stubborn "we will
not whitelist for anyone" policies) that "RBL hell" is a reality.

> And I even have a copy of Audels' "Steam Power Plant Engineer's Guide",
> printed 1909, around somewhere if you need advice on the pet steam
> engine.

My computers are already warm and noisy enough for me, but thanks!