Re: [exim] exim4 - 550 relay not permitted

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 - 550 relay not permitted
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 22:33:37 +0100, Bernhard Finkbeiner <bf@???>
wrote:
>- I edited /etc/exim4/passwd.clients and set the IP of the relay server,
>my username and my password

Use exim -d to find out whether your exim is actually trying to
authenticate. I suspect that it wants to see whatever reverse DNS
entry is there for your relay server.

>Did I miss a setting/configuration? User, IP and password seam to be
>right. I couldn't find anything in the Wiki or in the archive.

You surely missed the Debian exim4 user's mailing list. Where did you
find this address, and wasn't the Debian exim4 users's mailing list
mentioned besides?

Greetings
Marc