Re: [exim-dev] FW: Legacy EHLO AUTH responses (patch) 4.52

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: andrew.johnson
CC: exim-dev
Assumpte: Re: [exim-dev] FW: Legacy EHLO AUTH responses (patch) 4.52
Andrew Johnson wrote:

> related to the AUTH= line (which seems to be deprecated now ?!). With help
> from this list last week, I managed to fix most of my broken users by
> adding a bogus authenticator to do the AUTH=LOGIN line I needed. This
> broke some other servers. It seems I need to put the AUTH=LOGIN line
> BEFORE my AUTH PLAIN LOGIN line - harder to do with the bogus

What server stumbles over a "AUTH=LOGIN" line (especially one that comes
after "AUTH LOGIN...")? That sounds really broken (even though AUTH=LOGIN
is not valid in a ESMTP greeting).

And I wonder who needs this, more than six years after RFC 2554. But
that's a different story...