Re: [exim] Re: domain hosted on a static cable-modem address

Autor: Bill Hacker
A: exim
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Re: domain hosted on a static cable-modem address
Tony Godshall wrote:

*trimmed*

(hacker sez)

>>Getting them to fix the PTR may not be all that likely:
>>
>>Selected quotes from AlamedaNet's Terms of Service...
>

> I'll check to see if these are the same terms for the small
> business static-ip version, but you have a good point.

>>Would all those who wish to run an MTA on 'broadband', static IP or
>>otherwise, kindly read their own ToS first?

>>'nuf said.

NNNN

> Thank you for the pointers. I am suitably chastised.

'Chastised' was not the intent. 'Made aware' was.

Glad to have gotten around the 'pre-conceived notion' barrier.

Better to have a 'heads up' from a fellow-traveler than a disconnect
and/or legalese threats from
an upstream that may not be easily replaceable. That can be seriously
inconvenient.

Most of us depend on those broadband tail-circuits. Too few of use read
the ToS. ;-)

My mail servers, BTW, sit in a leased rack in a proper data center.
'Traceroute' if you wish.

I don't run any 'service' from the workstation (in Hong Kong last week,
Bangkok this week, and the USA next week)

It pays to keep stuff in/on its proper 'box'.

HTH,

Bill