RE: [exim] R=central_user_filter defer (-1): bad ownerfor/et…

Autor: Sub Zero
A: exim-users
CC: 'Magnus Holmgren'
Assumpte: RE: [exim] R=central_user_filter defer (-1): bad ownerfor/etc/vfilters/domain.dom
Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> Sub Zero wrote:
>> Tony Finch wrote:
>>>
>>> Your problem is that Exim is requiring the owner of the file to be
>>> root, and it is not.
>>>
>>> When it gets to your central_user_filter router, the local user in
>>> the email address is "root". By default, the redirect router checks
>>> that the owner of the file matches the local user if
>>> check_local_user is set - see the documentation for the check_owner
>>> option.
>>
>> Uhmm.. So this means that in the .forward file created in ~abcweb/
>> may not contain root@????
>
> No. It means that unless you set no_check_owner, the file returned by
> ${perl{getfilterfile}{$local_part}} must be owned by $local_part. You
> might want to use no_check_owner, if some filter files are shared by
> several users. Why does root use that filter file anyway?

I don't know. This is how cPanel sets things up. I cannot .forward ro
root@fqdn

> Another matter is that Exim by default refuses to perform deliveries
> as root (see never_users) and therefore root@??? must in
> turn be aliased to a another (normal) user (otherwise Exim will say
> "User root set for virtual_address_pipe transport is on the
> never_users list", for example. I think it could be considered bad
> practice to redirect mail to root; redirect it to a normal user
> directly instead. You shouldn't have to be root to read
> administrative mail.

Strangely, root 's mail is also .forward 'ed to another virtual address in
the same "user" 's domain: usersdomain.dom too.. :)

root@fqdn => WHEELuser@fqdn

And I am trying to put a .forward file into ~user/ to do

user@fqdn => root@fqdn

to make the user@fqdn forwarded to WHEELuser@fqdn over root. And it gives
me:

LOG: MAIN
== root@fqdn <user@fqdn> R=central_user_filter defer (-1): bad owner for
/etc/vfilters/usersdomain.dom

I have no idea why it behaves like this (brain: System HALTED!) and I think
I will surely replace all root@fqdn 's to WHEELuser@fqdn...