Re: [exim] R=central_user_filter defer (-1): bad ownerfor/et…

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim-users
CC: Sub Zero
Assumpte: Re: [exim] R=central_user_filter defer (-1): bad ownerfor/etc/vfilters/domain.dom
Sub Zero skrev:
> Tony Finch wrote:
>>
>>Your problem is that Exim is requiring the owner of the file to be
>>root, and it is not.
>>
>>When it gets to your central_user_filter router, the local user in
>>the email address is "root". By default, the redirect router checks
>>that the owner of the file matches the local user if check_local_user
>>is set - see the documentation for the check_owner option.
>

> Uhmm.. So this means that in the .forward file created in ~abcweb/ may not
> contain root@????

No. It means that unless you set no_check_owner, the file returned by
${perl{getfilterfile}{$local_part}} must be owned by $local_part. You
might want to use no_check_owner, if some filter files are shared by
several users. Why does root use that filter file anyway?

Another matter is that Exim by default refuses to perform deliveries as
root (see never_users) and therefore root@??? must in turn
be aliased to a another (normal) user (otherwise Exim will say "User
root set for virtual_address_pipe transport is on the never_users list",
for example. I think it could be considered bad practice to redirect
mail to root; redirect it to a normal user directly instead. You
shouldn't have to be root to read administrative mail.

--
Magnus Holmgren