Re: [exim] Potential logic error in retry handling for IPv4+…

Autor: Adam Funk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Potential logic error in retry handling for IPv4+IPv6 hosts
In the "Re: [exim] Exim4 & IPV4" thread you (Marc Sherman) said [1] I
should have both
    dns_ipv4_lookup = *
(which I recently added to the main config) and
    ignore_target_hosts = ... : ::::/0
(which I already had in the routers) for an IPv4-only setup.  Later in the
thread you said [2] "...three config settings required to disable ipv6
support (if you count local_interfaces)..."

The spec (Ch.13) says "If your host has only one interface, and you want
all its IP addresses to be treated in the same way, and you are using
only the standard SMTP port, you should not need to take any special
action."

So am I right in continuing not to use this setting, although the default
includes IPv6? Or would I gain anything from setting it specifically to
the machine's lo and eth1 IPv4 addresses?

[1]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20051128/msg00103.html
[2]
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20051128/msg00089.html