Re: [exim] EHLO responses

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] EHLO responses
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 03:44:49PM -0000, Andrew Johnson said:
> We seem to be experiencing issues with some groupwise servers authenticating
> with us.
>
> On a couple of other email servers I've seen :-
>
> 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
>
> Exim only has the :-
>
> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
>
> Is this something that can be turned on for Exim ?
>
> I seem to recall there was a switch on postfix to do this.

(shamelessly stolen from the Debian packaging):

support_broken_outlook_express_4_server:
driver = plaintext
public_name = "\r\n250-AUTH=PLAIN LOGIN"
server_prompts = User Name : Password
server_condition = no
server_advertise_condition = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}

Take care,
|  Stephen Gran                  | I stopped believing in Santa Claus when |
|  steve@???             | I was six.  Mother took me to see him   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | in a department store and he asked for  |
|                                | my autograph.   -- Shirley Temple       |