[exim] Adjusting "Subject" header

Autor: gavin.carey
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Adjusting "Subject" header
Hi Folks,

Background information (feel free to skip):

I've been setting un exim server, which works as follows:

* Email from numerous parties into an address out of my control
* A rule on this address forwards this e-mail to an e-mail address on a
server running exim, within my control
* A .forward file exim filter at this user processes the e-mail headers,
and distributes the emails (using "deliver") to other users on this
server, based on various rules.
* A .forward file at each of these user accounts distributes these
emails (using "unseen deliver" such that an historical archive is
maintained) to 0 or more addresses, off of the server, where they are
read & used by real people as appropriate.

The .forward files are auto generated by scripts, executed from a web
interface. The historical archives are accessed via squirrel mail or
IMAP by the various off-server users.

---- End of Background ---

I would like to adjust the header of each e-mail being sent out of the
server such that it is "tagged" with the user whose .forward file caused
the output.

For example:

Mail from: random@??? ---> bulk_address@???, Subject:
"hello world"
           deliver ---> final_address@???, Subject: "hello
world"
         deliver ---> myuser@???, Subject "[final_address]
hello world"

If easier, I am happy for the final subject to be, for example
"[final_address] [bulk_address] hello world"

Any hints or tips as to where to start looking, or a kind hearted soul
with a solution, I'd be most appreciative.

Regards,

Gavin Carey.
Project Manager, Real-time Systems Development
Thomson Financial, Gibson House, 57 - 61 Burleigh St, Cambridge. CB1
1DJ. UK.