Re: [exim] Malware bounce filtering

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Malware bounce filtering
Michael Haardt wrote:

> While we are at it: I do get a bunch of mails that look like Sober,
> but their attachment is truncated to only a few bytes. Thanks goodness
> the attachment names are easy to match, but what the heck is that stuff?
> A bug in Sober or the result of anti virus software "cleaning" the mail?

That's probably machines that are accepting sober messages, then either
spam-scanning them and bouncing them*, with the bounce message trimmed
to the first X bytes of the raw message body. At least they got that
last part right.

* Or possibly forwarding to a site that span-scans and rejects at SMTP time.

- Marc