Re: [exim] Malware bounce filtering

Autor: Michael Haardt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Malware bounce filtering
On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 12:28:17AM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> They are best handled in the traditional SpamAssassin manner, by matching
> patterns in the message subject and body. They have almost no useful
> information from the original message and serve only as advertisements for
> the vendors' products (ads of the kind that make the discerning viewer say
> "I wouldn't use that if you paid me").

Indeed. I suggest using the message size, too.

While it is easy to get rid of the responses of commercial software
(about 13000 yesterday), there are still many postmasters with home
grown solutions. I don't see a solution for that part.

While we are at it: I do get a bunch of mails that look like Sober,
but their attachment is truncated to only a few bytes. Thanks goodness
the attachment names are easy to match, but what the heck is that stuff?
A bug in Sober or the result of anti virus software "cleaning" the mail?

Michael