Re: [exim] Exim4 & IPV4

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim4 & IPV4
Marc Sherman wrote:

> I do not have ipv6 connectivity. However, my exim is compiled with ipv6
> by my distro. There is* a strange bug where exim isn't falling back to
> ipv4 properly, causing retry timeouts for sites with ipv6 MX addresses
> in DNS, such as sesame.

Ah, ok, I thought you have IPv6.

I know at least one server without IPv6, running a debian Exim4, which
delivers fine to my server. As you can see in the logs, it first tries
IPv6, but then falls back nicely:

1EhNaq-0008Ky-Qp IPv6 socket creation failed: Address family not supported
by protocol
1EhNaq-0008Ky-Qp mx.ymmv.de [2001:6f8:13cf::1]: Address family not
supported by protocol
1EhNaq-0008Ky-Qp => jh@??? ...

A global switch for disabling IPv6 would be nice, though.