Re: [exim] Exim4 & IPV4

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim4 & IPV4
Marc Sherman wrote:

>> otoh, it would be great to have a single "no ipv6" switch in the
>> run-time configuration.
> I agree. It took me a while to figure out how to avoid ipv6, which was
> causing me some retry problems sending mail to this list, among other
> sites.

Which kind of? Sending to sesame over IPv6 works fine here. And to sites
with broken IPv6 connectivity (or no MTA on their IPv6 address) Exim falls
back to IPv4.

The only strange thing is that there are times where sesame delivers
through IPv6 and times were it uses IPv4 (like right now). Don't know why,
maybe something with DNS and caching. Anybody else seeing this?