Re: [exim] host_auth_accept_relay problem

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] host_auth_accept_relay problem
On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 16:37 +0000, Josh Berry wrote:
> I am trying to set up SMTP auth but have come across problems verifying
> my configuration. The commands:
>
>     host_auth_accept_relay
> and
>     host_accept_relay

> don't seem to be valid any more.

Those are Exim 3 directives. Exim 4 has been current for around 3 years
now. In Exim 4 you use ACL directives to get the same effect.

> Alternatively, the link to an up-to-date SMTPAuth howto would be nice ;)

Theres some info at
    http://www.exim.org/eximwiki/Authentication

However thats more how to set up authentication, rather than changing
your relay/access controls based on authentication.

What exactly are you trying to do?

    Nigel.