Re: [exim] build exim static

Autor: Paul Dekkers
A: Patrice
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] build exim static
Hi,

Patrice wrote:
> Thank you Paul for you answer !
>
> I just compiled my binary with -static , but when I try to execute it is
> says : no such file or directory
> the file is 755
>
> is there a way to show which libraries are included into my static binary ?

Yes, ldd:

>ldd ./exim

ldd: exim: not a dynamic executable

If your binary is staticly linked you will find your output is as above,
otherwise you will get a list of libaries it is linked against.

I suggest you run exim with debug options to see what goes wrong. And/or
make sure that you actually start the binary; your output looks
suspcious enough to come from some kind of shell, not exim itself.

Mind you that if you DO want exim in a chroot, compiling the binary
static is not enough. You will have to create path's, populate some
files in the chroot's etc and so forth.
But I think chroot-ing exim was not what you are trying to do, but just
to be sure...

Regards,
Paul