Re: [exim] slowing spammers with iptables -m recent

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Tony Godshall
CC: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] slowing spammers with iptables -m recent
Tony Godshall wrote:

> can't tell where the settings are without doing a 'grep ptn
> /etc/default/exim* /etc/exim4.config $(find /etc/exim4/.
> -type f)' and event then I have trouble. Thank goodness
> the dpkg reconfigure does a good job.

For me this debian-stuff is also confusing, I prefer a monolithic
config, but I think it's what someone's used to.

> Symptom: tons of "Unroutable address" logs like this in
> my /var/log/exim4/mainlog...
>
> 2005-11-22 12:34:53 H=adsl-63-195-120-242.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net (thesitefights.com) [63.195.120.242] F=<connie.cisneros_qx@???> rejected RCPT <middleton@???>: Unrouteable address

Same here, but as they are not getting through, I don't care much.

> My real question is: how can I trigger the commandline
> checks above from within exim?

${run...}

But I wouldn't do it, it's too low-level and ultimate for my taste. And
Exim has some features itself, e.g. rate-limiting.