[exim] Re: [SOLVED] malware scanning with cmdline does not w…

Autor: Michael Ludwig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: [SOLVED] malware scanning with cmdline does not work as expected

Hi,

I solved my my problem.
av_scanner has to be set to the following to work, as long
as the obsolete demime-facility is NOT compiled into exim and
attachments (in mime-containers) have to be scanned.

av_scanner    = cmdline:/opt/mcafee/uvscan --mime --allole \
                --secure --noboot -r %s:Found:Found the (.+) virus

I have to cancel my previous statement that the parameters are not
correctly passed to the cmdline. This is incorrect as all parameters
get passed well, as I figured out.
So the solution with the added string "--mime" is suitable for the
uvscan program only I think, but maybe other virusscanners have a
similar options...

In the end of the av_scanner line there is just an improved name
string to just extract the name of the virus, not having the words
"the" $VIRUSNAME "virus" in the output. ;-)

Problem solved. ;-)

Michael