Re: [exim] Rejecting dynamic IPs [new method]

Autor: Andrzej Adam Filip
A: exim-users
CC: Steffen Heil
Assumptes vells: AW: [exim] Rejecting dynamic IPs [new method]
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Rejecting dynamic IPs [new method]
Steffen Heil wrote:
> Hi
>

>>5?? code in *greeting message*:
>>makes some sending MTAs (sendmail and postfix) to try
>>delivery via "fallback relays" - it makes "5?? Listed in ...
>>as DUL" greeting a good way to say "use your ISP smart host"
>>for host that strongly insist on avoiding using smart host
>>whenever possible.
>>
>>P.S.
>>I "unintentional" change has happened in sendmail-8.13.2 (I
>>wrongly wrote about 8.13.3)
>

> You miss the point here.
> The rfc FORCES you to accept emails to postmaster@ and abuse@ for any
> domain, you are sending mail out for. And you need to do this conditionless.

RFC allows to use "narrowly tailored" excuses for blocking messages to
postmaster and abuse.

<quote src=" http://rfc-ignorant.org/policy-postmaster.php ">
* After careful consideration, there seemed to be a consensus among users
that use of blacklists, etc., did not meet the "narrowly tailored"
requirements for blocking mail to postmaster, but that it would be
undesirable to list sites simply for employing the MAPS RBL and such on
their postmaster address. It was decided that we wouldn't list folks if the
rejection message for postmaster seemed to indicate the reason for denial
("{ip} rejected as listed on the MAPS RBL", etc.)
</quote>

--
[en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi@??? : anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ Netcraft Site Rank: 481686