Re: [exim] bugreport: weird sizes in bounce messages

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Mrten
CC: exim-users, mark
Subject: Re: [exim] bugreport: weird sizes in bounce messages
On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 14:05 +0100, Mrten wrote:
> This is from a bounce message, known to be from a message 12212859
> bytes in size (the message that bounced gets sent to two people via an
> alias, i got it quite ok, but the other guy didnt):

who sent what? obfuscating the log makes it very hard to understand
what's happening.

what is your message_size_limit set to?

what kind of OS are you running? is Exim compiled as a 64-bit
application?

> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------
> ------ The body of the message is 457396849191571 characters long; only the first
> ------ -1073748576 or so are included here.
>
> 8< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >8

how much was actually included?

> It seems that 457.396.849.191.571 bytes is rather excessive, and the
> negative number of bytes seems weird as well :)

the positive number is 416 TiB + 12036755 bytes, which sounds like a
reasonable number plus garbage in the top 32 bits.

the negative number is 1 GiB + 6752 bytes, which is weirder.

> I've checked the source a bit (src/transports/autoreply.c) and this
> bug seems weird as it occurs in pretty trivial fprintf().

using the right format character for a given type is unfortunately
non-trivial.

> Could it be
> that there is something wrong with my build environment (which
> wouldn't surprise me at *all*)?

if it wouldn't surprise you, perhaps you should've included some details
about it :-)
--
Kjetil T.