Re: [exim] tls problem w/ outlook (xp)

Author: Rejo Zenger
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] tls problem w/ outlook (xp)
++ 24/11/05 10:46 -0500 - Marc Sherman:
>I don't know what's causing the TLS errors, but your LOGIN authenticator
>is definitely incorrect. This was just discussed earlier this week;
>please check the mailing list archives before posting.

[...]

Actually, I did. Of course I did. Just like did search Google for this
problem. The problem is however that I search with the wrong keywords as
I was expecting the problem to be TLS related instead of authentication
related.

Anyway, I seem to have solved my problem. Partly because I followed what
was written in the e-mail you referenced, partly as i removed the sasl
based authentication and replaced it:

| plain:
| driver = plaintext
| public_name = PLAIN
| server_condition = "${if crypteq{$3}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$2}lsearch{/etc/exim4/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
| server_set_id = $2
| server_prompts = :
|
| login:
| driver = plaintext
| public_name = LOGIN
| server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
| server_condition = "${if crypteq{$2}{${extract{1}{:}{${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/exim4/passwd}{$value}{*:*}}}}}{1}{0}}"
| server_set_id = $1

This seems to work. The only thing that still bugs me a bit is the delay
whenever e-mail is sent authenticated. After giving the command it uses
a rather long time to build the connection after which the actual
sending of the mail is finished quickly.

--
Rejo Zenger <rejo@???> http://rejo.zenger.nl