Re: [exim] Damn advertisers that don't get returns. What to …

Autor: exim-users
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Damn advertisers that don't get returns. What to do?
Sub Zero schrieb:

> Hi Patrick,
>

>>> 1. What should I do to make exim defer the queued
>>>emails after -lets say 4H?
>

>>Why do you accept them in the first place? Don't you
>>want your mail-system to stay responsible? If you
>>can't report an error to a sender, then don't accept
>>the responsibility for handling their mail.
>

> Believe me I don't (at least before exim maildir thing, those were
> rejected). They are for those quota full mailboxes. I don't know why exim
> lets those mail in..

Your local mail store format has nothing to do with that. Your problem
is that you only verify whether the sender domain is routable, and not
whether the sender really exists, ie. accepts bounces.

>>require
>> verify = sender/callout
>

> I have this ACL in the check_recipient part:
>
> <snip>
>   require verify           = sender
>   accept  domains          = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message          = Please check all recipients of this message to
> verify they are valid.
>           verify           = recipient
> </snip>

> Can you please help me to rewrite this to do:
>
> <snip>
>   require verify           = sender
>   accept  domains          = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message          = Please check all recipients of this message to
> verify they are valid.
>           verify           = recipient
> </snip>

> if the interface port is 587 but do
>
> <snip>
>   require verify           = sender/callout
>   accept  domains          = +local_domains
>           endpass
>           message          = Please check all recipients of this message to
> verify they are valid.
>           verify           = recipient
> </snip>

> if the interface port is 25. I don't know how to add "condition = ${if
> eq{$interface_port}{25}}" or "condition = ${if eq{$interface_port}{587}}" to
> this thing in the "check_recipient:" part located under the "begin acl"
> thing.

there you go:

deny
   condition = ${if eq{$interface_port}{587}}{true}{false}
   verify    = sender
deny
   condition = ${if eq{$interface_port}{587}}{false}{true}
   verify    = sender/callout

accept
domains = +local_domains
endpass
message = unknown user
verify = recipient

BTW: The recipient ACL is run once for every recipient, but your fail
message seems to indicate that you are not aware of this.

And don't forget to check the spec for the options to the callout. I
guess, you'll want to use some of them.

Patrick Eisenacher