[exim] Newbie: Treat a single local domain as external

Autor: Julian Baker (Flat Earth Communications)
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Newbie: Treat a single local domain as external
Hi All

Not sure that I'm using the right 'exim' langauge to describe my
issue but here goes...

I'm running several virtual domains on an apache web server for my
clients with exim
handling the domain mail.

Normally everything is sweet, I just create a smtp alias file for
each virtual domain and
forward domain to pop accounts, and list my server as the MX records
for the virtual
domain.

I now have a problem: only one of these domains has it's mx handled
by another ISP, so in
the zone file I have the correct mail server listed. However when I
send mail (I also use this
server as my authenicated smtp server for my domain) it sees the
message as being local
and therefore wants a smtp alias file with a pop address in it.

But i want the mail to be ignored by my server and passed on directly
to the client's ISP.

To clarify

I send mail as me@??? through my server

My server also acts as web host ONLY for acme.org.uk

Exim sees them@??? as being a local address so ignores the
acme.org.uk zone
file which specifies
@    IN MX    10   ibmr.btconnect.com.
and instead tries to expand to expand "${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/
etc/
domianmailredirects/$domain}}"

In this one instance I want exim to forget about this domain as being
local and send the
mail onwards for BTconnect to deal with.

This much has taken me weeks to work with help from more tech savvy
people than me
but we have reached the end of our knowledge, if anyone can help me
reslove this I'd be
extremely grateful, but be warned: treat me as stupid when it comes
to exim, transports,
et al

Many Thanks
Julian