Re: [exim] pcre matching

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: EXIM mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] pcre matching
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> Exactly - Exim doesn't use delimiters around regexes

Right. As a matter of course, however, when you're writing them in
the configuration file, I would recommend putting them inside \N
pairs, unless you're *sure* that you want them expanded by exim's
expansion rules (look it up under "String expansions" for details).

> (which means that there is no way to supply any PCRE options,

Not so: you can use the (?imsx-imsx) syntax to turn options on and off
for all or part of a string, see
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html#Extended-Patterns
(second bullet point) for details.

> Read chapter 8 in the Exim specification.

Seconded ;-)

best regards