Re: [exim] returning mail to sender immediately when recipie…

Autor: Magnus Holmgren
A: exim users
CC: Simon Hogg
Assumpte: Re: [exim] returning mail to sender immediately when recipient address is invalid
Simon Hogg wrote:
> Morning, I'm sure the answer to this is obvious, but have found nothing
> that would appear to be directly relevant in the FAQ.
>
> What I've noticed is that when a mail is sent and the recipient address
> (not local btw) is invalid eg. shad@shador@??? ,
> SARAH.KATHARINE'VIRGIN.NET, FIAWOLS-PLACE.FREEGE-IE.CO.UK,
> ian@coup;andclan.freeserve.co.uk, it gets placed in the queue.

I find that weird. At least my Exim rejects all such addresses right
away (before any ACL checks) with e.g:

501 shad@shador@???: malformed address: @fsnet.co.uk may not
follow shad@shador

and I haven't made any exotic configuration. What version and
distribution are you using?

--
Magnus Holmgren