RE: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave Lugo
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Mark Smith wrote:

> When I first started using Exim I had almost no experience of mailservers,
> and had to learn it all from scratch. I found the online documentation
> totally bewildering and quickly became very frustrated. I understood the
> concepts, but when it came to trying to write a short ACL stanza to do what
> I wanted, it took about two weeks of trial and error, searching the docs and
> archives, before I managed to get the syntax right.

I did the same - but I built most of my config without help from the list,
(but sure posted when I was completely stuck :) and I admittedly have a
few years experience running mailswervers.

Don't think that trial and error isn't useful: it may be tedious, but you
get a broader background of what works, and what breaks. (though it sure
can be frustrating! hehehe)

> Now it all seems very straightforward, but I can still remember those early
> days of total frustration, and I think a list for new users would be a Good
> Thing (TM).

Maybe a "new-to-exim-and-smtp-in-general" list? ;)

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC