Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: ams
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jason Meers
Υ/ο: Exim Users List
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] suggestion - exim-new-users

> I think the expert discussion on the exim-users list is VERY useful for
> the experts but is too advanced for most new users and converters.

Couldn't agree more.

> I would like to suggest an "exim-new-users" list, primarily to increase
> the use of Exim with new users and converters.
>
> I would be quite happy to sit on the list along with anyone else
> interested. I don't really mind how simple the questions are, I don't
> think it would take long to get a core set of code snippets that could
> be re-used.

I am reasonably competent *nix user for many years, was even at one time a
sysdamin. These days I only maintain my own systems and I'm certainly not
a mail admin.

> Does anyone else think this is a good idea, and more importantly would
> anyone else be prepared to help answering some of the more basic
> questions on the list if it existed.

I do. This would be extremely useful to me. Answering questions may be
challenging, but I'll try. Caveat emptor, of course :)

-a

--
Aaron Stromas          |     "Tik-tik-tik!!!... ja, Pantani is weg..."
mailto:ams@izoard.com  |                          BRTN commentator