Re: [exim] aliasing of another domain.

Autor: Leonardo Boselli
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] aliasing of another domain.
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Tony Finch wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> > Such departmental servers have a much higher reliability then central
> > ones, so people prefer to stay there.
> I suggest that you tell your managers that your users will not follow
> their policy until they can implement a reliable email service.

this is for the first part of the question (having a local server for
local users) to which you answered.
The unanswered part of the question has not to do with reliability:
official addresses are all name.surname@maindomain, i just wish that
messages sent to *@maindomain had the from part rewritten if are sent with
nickname@??? .
This because there are many lists that accept only one of the two form of
address, and trust me, it is difficult to obtain a change of configuration
(these are not public lists where you can subscribe/unsubscibe freely, you
have to ask to the administrator, and that would require many months in
some istances, since updating is done only once a year, on first workday
of november, btw :-( , asking then of users to adjust the sending address
when posting to list would not be trivial, HW servers are eaasier to
adjust than human users !)