Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to app…

Autor: Alan J. Flavell
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Seeking advice how to deal with spam faked to appear as coming from my domain
On Sun, 13 Nov 2005, Aaron Stromas wrote:

> What could I do not to be among them, i.e., how to configure exim
> configuration not to bounce to faked sender addresses? As I said,
> I'm not exactly knowlegeable.

Basically, if you're going to reject anything, you need to reject it
at SMTP time, i.e in exim4 you need to do it from an ACL.

Once you have accepted an item, it's in general unsafe to go composing
a bounce addressed to the purported envelope sender, (which was the
traditional move back in the days when most email was bona fide).
That's especially true if you're trying to reject it on the grounds
that it's abusive!