Re: [exim] Unknown Sender

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unknown Sender
On 11/11/05 5:10 AM, "Mark Smith" <exim-users@???> wrote:

> Following some recent updates from Microsoft, my copy of Outlook has started
> adding a message id to outgoing emails.

Interesting. And good news. (Of course, the old versions will still appear
for 10 years or more.)

This lends some weight to the idea that Hotmail is filtering on the absence
of Message-Id.

It would be possible to exercise that a little, by configuring exim to
delete the Message-Id header on messages to a particular hotmail account set
up for testing. But there are so many possible variables.

I would feel more charitable towards Hotmail's filtering if I hadn't
received, in this account alone, over 100 messages which reached here from
Hotmail servers. Lottery spams, Phishing, and other less drastic ones. (I
move such messages into my RogueHotmail folder on our IMAP server.) In the
same period, I've received just two spams which arrived here from Yahoo
servers.

--John