Re: [exim] Multiple spamd servers.

Autor: Tom Kistner
A: Michael Haardt
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Multiple spamd servers.
Michael Haardt wrote:

>>    deny    message    = Spam detected
>>        !authenticated    = *
>>        spam    = incoming-$primary_hostname/servers=spamd1 783 : \
>>            spamd2 783 : ...

> run multiple *different* spamd servers since some years now. But the
> result of the discussion was: Unless it stays compatible with the awkward
> syntax, there will be no change.

I consider the "spam" line quoted above to be awkward. :)

> When Tom finally introduced multiple
> servers, it was just for load balancing, missing the point.

The point back then was to have load balancing.

I'm with Tony here: You already can send a username to spamd. Changes in
rule treatment should be implemented in spamd, using the submitted
username as the key. If spamd can't currently do this, hacking on spamd
instead of exim is the better choice.

You could also write a small "spamd request router" daemon that routes
spamd requests by username.

Anyhow: If anyone submits a patch that adds the above "servers" option
to the "spam" condition, i'll add it. It should completely override the
global spamd_address option when present.

> + /* if spamd_address starts with a dollar, expand it first */
> + if (*spamd_address == '$') {

Now thats REALLY horrible :)

/tom