Re: [exim] External Mail + SMTP auth

Autor: Jakob Hirsch
A: Jandre Olivier
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] External Mail + SMTP auth
Jandre Olivier wrote:

> I want to control external relay access to my users by using smtp
> authentication as my ips are all dynamic. I've followed instructions
> from http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/exim/FAQ.html Q9802
> <http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/exim/FAQ.html#TOC296>

Your config snippet looks like you are using Exim 4, so most of this FAQ
is outdated for your version (it's not even the latest Exim 3 FAQ).

> check_outgoing:
> driver = redirect
> domains = ! +local_domains
> senders = ! : ! lsearch;/etc/exim/senders
> allow_fail
> data = :fail: you are not allowed to send outside*

Put the check into your ACLs, e.g. somewhere in acl_check_rcpt:

deny
domains = ! +local_domains
senders = ! lsearch;/etc/exim/senders
message = you are not allowed to send outside