RE: [exim] too many connections problem [unsolved]

Autor: Andrew Johnson
A: 'Balzi Andrea'
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] too many connections problem [unsolved]
My suggestion (as you are only receiving 20 messages per minute) would be
the following

# Set the maximum number of connections you are willing to accept
smtp_accept_max = 200
# Set the maximum number of connections you are willing to accept per single
host
smtp_accept_max_per_host = 100
# Set the number of messages allowed per connection before queue
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 75

It is the smtp_accept_queue_per_connection that normally limits you to 10
messages in one connection. Without a full spec of your server, it is
difficult to suggest what the maximums should be as I do not know how fast
your server is / memory / disk etc.

Look under "Resource control" in the spec.pdf

-Andy-